Friday, October 15, 2004

Ms.America

There is a lot furor about the new more revealing bikini contest in the Miss America pageant. This is what irritates me, the media in general likes to publish articles that challenge our basic intelligence levels. We know that there is more skin being shown on these contests but that is what we want. Why do they keep attaching this minute little aspect called intelligence? I'm sure these girls are very smart and can make convincing points but I don't really know because I'm busy looking at them. I mean if I wanted an educated conversation I would talk to my geeky looking economics professor. There are two issues here that need to be addressed; 1. Don’t attach beauty and brains, we are not really interested. More it is not wrong to be good looking and dumb. You can be good looking/dumb and get a lot done. The premise of living this life to have fun and these gorgeous women do this with out a problem. Well there is an exception to this rule, dubya is not so handsome or smart but he still gets to fly on Airforce one.2. Why is there is a bias between Miss America and Mr. America? Nobody is talking about the shrinking size of men’s underwear in the contests and I'm sick of seeing these muscular men being viewed as objects. Why are not asked questions like "what do you want" and if they are, I have never heard their response on popular T.V. stations?Well I understand there is bias and I'm willing to take the blame. I would not mind being called a materialist, shallow individual or whatever because I can't comprehend what you are saying-I'm staring at Ms.Utah (I mean come on guys you have to check her out; not to be biased this invitation extends to all those lesbo chicks who are competing with us)

No comments: