Friday, October 15, 2004

Detroit and cars

was reading an article on CNN today which stated a prominent management consulting firm's findings that Detroit is the most expensive place to own a car. I have lived in Detroit for quite a bit, so I'm pissed not because having a car was expensive but because I'm broke and might as well blame the city for it. Detroit is a dying industrial city with huge economic disparities in the population. So you either a drive a Mercedes in Detroit which case you don’t really give a fuck about the cost/insurance or you are so broke that you don't have car. But hey there is a minor problem here, apparently Ford motor company and Firestone (yeah the same company that supplied defective tires for Ford SUV's but that's okay with me because I'm not crazy about SUV drivers) own all the rights for Detroit rail routes. You must be thinking "I saw eminem in a bus in 8 mile", nope that was probably a luxury tour bus with a 62" T.V and a bathroom bigger than bedroom. Cameramen can work magic, I mean come on they make MJ look human. The only reason you get on a bus in Detroit is to buy weed and people have even stopped doing that because it is not safe for potheads to ride in buses. Michigan has a democrat governor who is supposed to be liberal but I haven't seen any positive changes in the city. In the end we all have to realize that we will get fucked by our leaders; I suppose the impact ripples down the various strata of society and all you can do is hope that you are at the bottom of the barrel because then you would have to just screw the tap (that would really suck).

No comments: