Tuesday, October 26, 2004

BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Iraq group 'seizes Japan citizen'

BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Iraq group 'seizes Japan citizen'

There is so much violence in the world that sometimes I tend to think that we humans cannot get along but a very strange incident changed my mind. I'm not the kind of a guy who reads heroic stories of kids making it big or winning a race and gets inspired. I believe in the concept of Karma but experienced it today. A few days ago I was driving back home from work during rush hour and I had to hit the brakes because of the traffic in front of me. The person driving behind me rear-ended my car and I pulled over to check the damage. There was a scratch on my rear fender but for some unfathomable reason I looked the driver, smiled and said it was okay. The girl (the driver) was amazed when I made this comment. Today I was running a little late and the parking at my work place is horrendous. I saw a parking spot but a car was next to it getting ready to park. All of a sudden the accident chick pops out waves me over insists that I take the spot. It was a life saver and I guess that is Karma. I'm not a saint but I can safely say that I have never screwed a person on purpose. I guess that's actually more than enough to make this world a much better place to live in (well skimpier outfits on women and cheaper would definitely help too).

No comments: