Thursday, October 28, 2004

BBC NEWS | World | Africa | S Africans 'armed to the hilt'

BBC NEWS World Africa S Africans 'armed to the hilt'

What the f**k is the problem with people now-a-days. I'm sick of this macho shit, 5'3" beer bellied, bespectacled, half bald accountants driving pick up trucks or buying guns to look macho. As Chris Tucker says "It's not guns that kill people it is stupid motherf**kers that do" and I think this statement holds a lot of truth. I think the general public of a country should have faith in the Police system and the army. I'm not discouraging buying guns for hunting etc.. but don't let the public buy weapons for what they call self defense. I'm sure there were situations where guns have helped save lives but the cons outrageously outweigh the pros. South Africa has racial problems, lots of gold mines and the british; so what do we have to add to the equation, well I don't know GUNS!!!!. Come on a minor outburst can lead to a violent outbreak and dumb f**ks with guns will definitely help the situation. At work there we had a guy who had bought 3 guns right at the start of the Iraqi war. So I asked him why and he replies "Well if any of the Taliban comes to my house I will blow their heads off". I was amazed by this guy's IQ and was scared the next instant. I tried to reason with him saying that "well if the Taliban (in the first place are not from Iraq) manage to beat the American Navy, Air force (with all those bombers), the army and above all the marines - you think you can use your $300 gun to kill them? You must be dreaming". Well my logic failed to have any impact on him but the discussion had a tremendous impact on me. Till then I thought guns were cool to have but then on changed my mind. I think the government should make it a point to test the person's IQ level before selling him or her a gun.

No comments: