Sunday, October 17, 2004

BBC NEWS | Programmes | From Our Own Correspondent | Dark humour for dark times

BBC NEWS | Programmes | From Our Own Correspondent | Dark humour for dark times

I'm a very difficult person to please if it does involve stripping but this article has caught my attention. The Moslem world is coming out and interacting with the rest of the world on a social level. There is no question that Humor along with stupidity is a common factor among humans and a few other species (We cannot exclude Jackson) and it is the best way to connect to the rest of the world. I was a little pissed because in the present times non-Moslems are always told to better understand the Moslem culture (sorry if I'm grouping Moslems culturally but you have to give me that, I'm from the hood) but there was hardly any talk about Moslems trying to understand the rest of the world better. I'm not planning to participate in the MS Universe competition next year but I guess I can still want "World Peace". It is very critical that we get along better and look beyond our differences cultural or religious because we have to remember that before everything we are "Human". I'm an optimist, always look at the glass and think well I still have shot of rum left and truly hope that all of us get along (If not I can still move to Canada).

No comments: