Thursday, May 26, 2005

Manicures

In the present world of stress I have found a new sanctuary, no not Tibet but my hair dressing salon (I know it is a barber shop but I wanted to be politically correct). I was recently told that I was not paying attention to my hair grooming needs by a person of the fairer sex. Considering the impact that good looking women have on men I decided to respond by getting a hair although I thought it was not necessary. As I sat in the salon waiting for the hair dresser to finish off her lunch we started off a conversation (she was trying to be polite and I was trying to be hip). As she went on about the nuances of cutting hair she mentioned that they have manicures, pedicures, facials Blah! Blah! (This was when I faded off when a drop dead gorgeous girl walked into the room). As my eyes followed this stunning beauty (well more of her apple bum than her) they crossed path with what is know as “Manicure’.
I was fascinated by the range of services available there because I always thought you went to a salon got your hair cut and came back home. I still haven’t mustered the courage to get one but I have been told that it is a heavenly experience. I understand the implications if the word gets out that I have had a manicure but the fact that it is just about forbidden to get one makes it all the more enticing. I think men should develop some sort of a communal hair dressing activity rather than just getting haircuts. We have to overcome the conspiracy weaved by women that manicures (and the rest of whatever they have) are solely meant for women. Every great change demands great sacrifices and all I have to do is find a lab rat. I have started working on it and there are a few prospects. Well in end if I find out that this hoopla is not all it is made out to be, we will at least get a few laughs at the victim’s expense and then we can find somebody to test waxing. Will post pictures (No not of the waxing) as soon I get done with the undertaking.

Peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You don't have to waste your time in doing experiments on rats. The change that you wanted has already come and I will show a couple of these over here. Well they say that they will make men more beautiful(or handsome). Don't ask me what they will do in there(I don't know!) but I believe there will be even that waxing business for those who want it.