Tuesday, January 22, 2008

American Economy in a recession. Americans urged to consume


A recent spate of events dominated by the sub-prime lending crisis has led to fears that the American economy might go into recession. The capable leaders of this great country have decided that it is time to direct the bovine and uneducated masses in the right direction. A wide array of politicians led by President Bush are once again urging Americans to consume.

"Buy, buy, buy" said one Politician and when informed that the median American family income is about $43,200 he commented "Well if they don't make money they must be lazy and what the hell happened to credit cards or taking money out of house equity? More over I don't believe we have anybody in this country who is that un-patriotic"

Analysts are hoping that the American Public hears this message and starts consuming. James Fairbanks the III rd, an investor, said "We are expecting Americans to dip into their savings or trust funds. If not investor confidence will be shaken. You would not want that to happen would you. It could lead to very bad things".

The American Public opinion has been very varied on this topic. Teshawn Williams, an employee of Burger King in Atlanta, said "Where the hell can I get money to spend. I'm ready to spend it if I have some. By the way 145 dollars is not going to cut it for me. I ride in style. Why can't we get tax money from the Mexicans. My girl Shanequa also needs money. They don't take no food stamps in a lot of places."

Although there are varied opinions about the American economy and all the experts expressing their thoughts seem to be supremely confident about their ideas. From my stand point I don't really care as my existence is so well insulated by other problems that the impact of the economy will be least bit felt.

Peace

No comments: