Sunday, February 26, 2006

Me lookey

I have been going through the Telugu matrimonial section lately at the behest of my parents. I have hardly paid attention to this new net-matrimonial phenomenon in the past but it has been a very interesting experience. The number of posts online surprised me and even more surprising was the fact that most of them had pictures attached. The description columns (of the girl’s personality and the kind of guy she wants) were the best part of browsing through the post (Although I liked the pictures, maybe because I’m more of a picture guy- DUH! Me can’t read).
Some of the descriptions were so brilliantly simple that I instantly fell in love with them. Most likely than not these girls had excellent and sensible idea of what their guy should be. Well some of them were quite submissive (I know the bra-burners are up in arms) and hey show me a person who does not want to be served and I’ll say I’m sorry.
There were a number of posts that were outrageous too and here goes.
A girl says “I’m very liberal and open minded. Seeking a like minded person who gives me respect and loves me. I’m very fair/ beautiful.”
My take: First and foremost the guy will not marry you unless he loves (At least likes) you. Hence you don’t have to reiterate the fact, secondly since you claim that you are liberal what makes you think that fair is beautiful? I just don’t see the connection between the two.
Girl or Girl’s parents seeking a boy who “Must reside in U.S.A. AP.hd in Engineering or any other field or M,S. from best college from U.S.& working in a leading organization Or a doctor who is doing residency or complets & works in a best hospital. ”
I hate to do this but “reality check” sistah, you ain’t Beyonce. This is the only thing that was given in the description, so the girl does not care if the guy were to be dick head or a Ted Kaczynski (He had a degree from Harvard). What is with these people.
There were a number of other restrictions like the guy has to be between 5’9” and 5’11”, living in Hyderabad, working for a Major MNC making at least 6 Lakhs p.a. etc..
I started calculating the probabilities and gave up in between but it must be pretty low, anyways the whole point of this write up is………… well there is no point to it, I thought it was funny. There are number of people who think otherwise but fortunately for me, I need not stick to an arranged marriage not do I have worry that never being able to find a girl (I have all my bases covered)

Peace

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what will it be for you Prasad - Arranged or Love marriage.

Anonymous said...

Hey..whas the matter withya boy ...whats that looks outrageous to ya m8 be something different to a gul, after all ya are not being a male chauvnist pig.Gulz do dream for a better person as their better half. We dont need a jackasses either.why wud someone go for a shabby commodity willingly.Wud ya baby? Who wud ya marry ,given a choice of an average and pretty gul. If you say you go for a former, since you are not being a social reformer,then therz somethin wrong in ur innate qualities. We always dream for good things, don't we ? But we end up pretty ok. can you read this..

coffee & comedy said...

There is a fundamental flaw in your logic. There is a limited number of good grooms (As per the descriptions in the site) and hence all the girls cannot get these good grooms. It is not wrong to expect these good grooms but isn't India as a society driven by spirituality, so why haven't these post approached the issue. Most of them seem to be terribly materialistic. Would you agree that I would not be wrong to choose an average girl over a good looking one if she were to have a better personality or a better fit for me?
To rebut your first statement, I made it a point to state that there were some posts that were so beautifully simple and I instantly fell in love with them.
"Gulz do dream for a better person as their better half. We dont need a jackasses either" - So who is marrying the so-called jackasses?
"We always dream for good things, don't we ? " - Nothing wrong with that but these dreams have to have a certain level of practicality associated with them to be achievable. Moreover if you looked at this statement from a country stand point, some body has to get the lemon.
I truly appreciate your comment but it would have been much better if you had put in some thought into it. If you had said that I have not experienced the "Indian female" lifestyle, so I can't judge them - you would have had a valid point.
PS: You Eubonics suck, please don't act black because I feel that you were not able to carry it well.

Anonymous said...

When you marry a person you are going to marry that person and not his seat in his office !

manasa said...

Indian girls are too clever. They know how to impress others. Their fathers do help them in a view that their girls will learn in time or atleast their son-in-laws would compromise. But unfortunately the trend of arranged marriages has changed. Earlier they had the fear of society and there was that principle of combined family too so they just clinged on if they didn't like it but know Indians have grown too independent so the moment they didn't like it they break up. But the ultimate sufferers are their kids. If any one of them had concern over the kids they would just compromise and end their lives in hell on earth. You must also check up with compatibility with your parents. Well some of these girls are grown up with Ekta Kapoor serials and they implement them. There are real cases of wives blaming their brother-in-laws and sometimes even father-in-laws. You know the results - family breakage. You need not be hen pecked for this to happen.
Actually it's the fault with all these people. Why do they try to hide the truths from persons with whom they would share the rest of their lives? The result is increase of no. of divorces in India.
You might say that being a girl I am talking against girls. Yes I should be pro-femanine but I can't hide the truths and Mr. Coffee and Comedy is perfectly right.