Saturday, March 26, 2005


Colors of India Posted by Hello
In spite of all my negative comments about India, I would have to acknowledge the fact that India has one of the most exciting and colorful cultures in the world. It is a brilliant amalgam of deep philosophy laced with practicality and at the same time beats the blandness associated with most eastern cultures. Most Indians confuse their love of Indian culture and food with patriotism. It is sad that a country backed with such a great culture and religion is not exactly on the top of the world. I'm not talking about the economic state of the country but in fact the social aspects that have seeped into population. The obvious thought of an Indian reader would be "well you are Indian too and it is people like you that project a negative image of India". My rebuttal in this case would be that I don't care what the world thinks about us, I care about what we actually are and you and I know that India has a lot left to improve.
I did not post these pictures so as to discuss the present day Indian society but to fell good about it and moreover I miss it a little. Guess I'm getting old.

Peace

No comments: